Narration solved exercises

 

Learning English as a second language is not an easy job. It requires too much practice and constant efforts to master it.

in order to help you with this, we are bringing the solved exercise of narration.






Change the following sentences into Indirect Speech: -

1. He said to me, “I have often told you not to play with fire.”

Answer: He reminded me that he had often told me not to play with fire.

 

 2. “You have all done very badly!” remarked the teacher.

Answer: The teacher remarked that they had all done it very badly.

 

3. They wrote, “It is time we thought about settling this matter.”

Answer: They wrote it was time they had thought about settling that matter.

 

4. The teacher promised, "If you will come before school tomorrow, I will explain it.

Answer: The teacher promised that he would explain it if they would come before school the next day.

 

5. She wrote, “I am waiting and watching and longing for my son's return.”

Answer: She told me that she was waiting, watching, and logging for her son’s return.

 

6. The examiner's orders were, “No one is to bring books into the room nor ask me questions about what I have told you to do.”

Answer: The examiner’s orders were that no one was to bring books into the room nor ask him question about what he had told them to do.

 

7. The dwarf said to her, “Promise me that when you are Queen you will give me your first-born child.”

Answer: The dwarf asked her to promise him that when she was Queen, she would give him her firstborn child.

 

8. “That is my horse,” said he, “and if I do not prove it in a few minutes I will give up my claim.”

Answer: He said that it was his horse and that if he did not prove it in a few minutes he would give up his claim

 

9. “I will avenge your wrongs,” he cried, “I will not enter Athens until I have punished the king who had so cruelly treated you."

Answer: He cried that he would not enter Athens until he punished the king who had so cruelly treated me/her.

 

10. He wrote and said, “I am unable to come just now because I am ill, but I will certainly start as soon as I am well enough to do so.”

Answer: He wrote and said that he was unable to come just then because he was ill, but he would certainly start as soon as he was well enough to do so.

 

 

11. One day he sent for Cassim and said to him, “You are now old enough to earn your living, so you must set off, and make your own way in the world.”

Answer: One day he sent for cassim and told him that he was then old enough to earn his living, so he had to set off and make his own way in the world.

 

12. “What do you want?” he said to her.

 Answer: He asked her what she wanted.

 

13. He said, “How's your father?”

Answer: He asked how my (his/her) father was.

 

14. “Are you coming home with me?” he asked.

Answer: He asked whether I (he/she) was going home with him.

 

15. He enquired, “When do you intend to pay me?”

Answer: He enquired when I (he/she) intended to pay him.

 

16. He said to us, “Why are you all sitting about there doing nothing?”

Answer: He asked us why we were all sitting about their doing nothing.

17. “Do you really come from China?” said the prince.

Answer: The prince asked whether I (he/she/we/they) really came from china.

18. The poor man exclaimed, “Will none of you help me?”

Answer: The poor man exclaimed whether none of them helped him.

 

19. “Which way did she go?” asked the young Rakshas.

Answer: The young Rakshas asked which way she had gone.

 

20. Aladdin said to the magician, “What have I done to deserve so severe a blow?”

Answer: Alidan asked the magician what he had done it deserve so serve a blow.

 

21. “Don't you know the way home?” asked I.

Answer:  I asked whether he (she/they) did know the way home.

 

22. “Do you write a good hand?” he said.

Answer: I asked whether (he/she) wrote a good hand.

 

23. “Have you anything to say on behalf of the prisoner?” said the judge finally.

Answer: The judge finally asked whether he/she had anything to say on behalf of the prosier.

 

24. “Which is the proper way to answer this question, father?” the boy inquired.

Answer: The boy inquired of his father which the proper way to answer the question was.

 

25. “Have you anything to tell me, little bird?”. asked Ulysses.

Answer: Ulysses asked the bird whether it had anything to tell him.

 

26. The young sparrow said, “Mother, what is that queer object?”

Answer: The young sparrow asked it, mother, what the queer object was.

 

27. Then aloud he said, “Tell me, boy, is the miller within?”

Answer: Then aloud he asked the boy to tell him whether the miller was within.

28. “Who are you, sir, and what do you want?” they cried.

Answer: They asked who he was what he wanted.

 

29. “Dear bird,” she said, stroking its feathers, “have you come to comfort me in my sorrow?”

Answer: Stroking the bird’s feathers, she asked affectionately whether it had come to comfort her in her sorrow.

30. The Rajah was deeply grieved, and said to his wife, “What can I do for you?”

Answer: The raja was deeply grieved and asked his wife what he could do for her.

 

31. When the sun got low, the king's son said, “Jack since we have no money, where can we lodge this night?”

 Answer: When the sun got low ‘the king’s son asked the jack where they could lodge that night since they had no money.

 

32. She said to him, “What is it that makes you so much stronger and braver than any other man?”

 Answer: She asked him what was it that made him so much stronger and brave than any other man.

 

33. When the Brahmin approached, the first thief said, “Why do you carry a dog on your back? Are you not ashamed?”

Answer: When the brahimin approached, he first thief asked why he carried a dog on his back and whether he was not ashamed.

 

34. “Bring me a drink of milk,” said the swami to the villagers.

Answer: The sawami asked the villagers to bring him a glass of milk.

 

35. “Sit down, boys,” said the teacher.

 Answer: The teacher told the boys to sit down.

 

36. “Halt!” shouted the officer to his men.

Answer: The officer shouted to his man halt.

37. “Take off your hat,” the king said to the Hatter.

Answer: The king ordered the hotter to take of his hat. 

38. The teacher said to him, “Do not read so fast.”

Answer: The teacher advised him not to read so fast.

39. He said to me, “Wait until I come.”

Answer: He asked me to until he come.

40. “Hurry up,” he said to his servant, “do not waste time.”

Answer:  told his servant to hurry up and not to waste time.

41. “Run away, children,” said their mother.

Answer: The mother told the children to run away.

42. He said, “Daughter, take my golden jug, and fetch me some water from the Well.”

Answer: He asked his daughter to take his olden jug and fetch him some water from the well.

43. “Go down to the bazaar. Bring me some oil and a lump of ice.” ordered his master.

Answer: His master ordered him to go down to Bazar and bring him some oil and a lump of ice.

44. “What a rare article milk is, to be sure, in London!” said Mr. Squeers with a sigh.

Answer: Mr. sequeers exclaimed with a sight that milk, was to be sure, a very article in London.

45. “What a stupid fellow you are!” he angrily remarked.

  Answer: He angrily remarked that I (he/she) was a very stupid fellow.

 

46. He said, “My God! I am ruined.”

 Answer:  He exclaimed sadly that he ruined.

47. He said, “Alas! our foes are too strong.”

Answer: He exclaimed sadly that their foes were too strong.

48. He said, “What a lazy boy you are! How badly you have done your work!”

Answer:  He remarked that I /he was a very lazy boy and that I he had done my and his work very badly.

49. “How smart you are!” she said.

 Answer: They exclaimed that they passed the holiday merrily.

51.He said, “How cruel of him!”

Answer: He remarked that it was very cruel of him.

52. He said, “What a pity you did not come!”

Answer: He exclaimed that it was a great pity I (he/she/they/we) had not come.

53. “Ah me!” exclaimed the Queen. “What a rash and bloody deed you have done!”

 Answer:  The queen exclaimed sadly that he had done a very rash and bloody deed.

 

54. “Cheer up, mother, I'll go and get work somewhere,” said Jack.

 Jack asked her mother to cheer up, because he would go and got work somewhere.

 Answer: Jack asked her mother to cheer up, because he would go and got work somewhere.

55. But the sea-god cried, “Do not be afraid, noble prince. I have taken pity on you and will help

you.”

  Answer:  But the sea-god asked the prince not to be afraid and told him that had taken to pity on him and would help him.

 

56. “No,” said the child; “I won't kneel, for if I do, I shall spoil my new breeches.”

Answer: The child replied that he would   not kneel for if he did, he spoil his new breeches

57. “What a horse are they losing for want of skill and spirit to manage him!” exclaimed Alexander.

 Answer:   Alexander explained that they were losing a good horse for what of skill and spirit to manage him.

 

58. Telemachus replied, "How can I drive away the mother, who bore me and nourished me?"

Answer: Telemachus replied that he could not drive away the mother, who had borne him and nourished him.

 

59. “Call no man happy,” was the reply of the philosopher, “until he has ended his life in a fitting manner.”

  Answer:    The philosopher replied that no man must be called happy until he had ended his life in a fitting manner.

 

60. Then said the wolf to the fox, “Now either yield thyself as vanquished or else certainly I will kill thee.”

Answer: The wolf asked the fox to yield himself as vanquished if not he (wolf) would certainly kill him.

 

61. “I believe,” said he, “that we are in this country among people whom we like and who like us.”

Answer:   He said that he believed that they were in that country among a people whom they liked and who liked them,

 

62. he said, “Take that bird away. Its gilded cage reminds me of my father whom I imprisoned.”

Answer: He asked them to take this bird away. It is gilded cage reminded of his father whom he did imprisoned.

 

63. “I have just one word to say to you,” said the dealer. “Either make your purchase or walk out of my shop.”

Answer: the dealer told him that he had just one word to say to him he must either purchase or work out of his shop.

 

64. “My hour is come,” thought he. “Let me meet death like a man.”

Answer:   He thought that his hour had come and decided and to meet death like a man.

 

65. “Be not cast down,” said Mentor, “remember whose son thou art, and all shall be well with thee.”

Answer:   He thought that his hour had come and decided and to meet death like a man.

 

66. Bhishma said: “Boys! boys ! remember you play a game. If it be Arjuna's turn let him have it.”

Answer:  Bishma asked the boys to remember they were playing a game if it was Arjun’s turn he must have it.

 

67. “Friends,” said the old man, “sit down and rest yourselves here on this bench. My good wife Baucis has gone to see what you can have for supper.”

   Answer: The old man asked them to sit down and rest themselves there on the bench he said that his good wife Baucis had gone to see what they could make supper.

 

68. “Ah! you don't know what these beans are, said the man; if you plant them overnight, by morning they grow right up to the sky.”

Answer: The old man exclaimed that he (the other man) did not know what those beans were he added that if they were planted overnight by morning they would grow right up to the sky.

69. “How clever I am !” he said. “All my life I have been talking prose without knowing it.”

Answer: He exclaimed that he was very clever all his life taking prose without knowing it.

 

70. “I am old and lonely,” said she. “Hast thou no pity on my loneliness? Stay with me, my best son, for thou art yet more boy than man.”

Answer:  She told her son that she was old and lonely and asked whether he had no pity on her loneliness. she asked him to stay with her for he was yet more boy than man,

 

71. “I do not practice”, Goldsmith once said; "I make it a rule to prescribe only for my friends." "Pray, dear doctor," said Beauclerk, "alter your rule, and prescribe only for your enemies."

Answer: Goldsmith once said that he did not practice it but made it a rule to prescribe only to his friends. Beau clerk addressing him as a dear doctor asked him to alter the rule and prescribe only to those enemies.

72. He said: "Who are you to speak to me like this? I am the master. Why should I help you? It is your work, not mine, to draw the cart."

Answer: He asked who he was to speak him like that and added that he was a master. He further asked why he should help him for it was his work not his (the speaker’s) to draw the cart.

 

73. "I cannot hope to see these trees which I am planting come in perfection," said the duke, "but it is right for me to plant for the benefit of my successors."

Answer: The duke said that he could not hope to see those trees which he was planting come in perfection, but it was right for him to plant for the benefit of his successors.

 

74. "Are you angry, my friends," said the king, "because you have lost your leader? I am your king; I will be your leader."

Answer:  The king asked them whether they were angry because they had lost their leader. He said that he was their king and that he would be their leader.

 

75. Said an old Crab to a young one, "Why do you walk so crooked, child? Walk straight!" "Mother," said the young Crab, "show me the way, will you?"

Answer: An old Crab asked a young one why it walked so crooked and advised it to walk straight. The young Crab wanted its mother to show it the way.

 

76. "Who are you?" said the Deer. The Jackal replied: "I am Kshudrabuddhi the Jackal. I live in this forest all by myself; I have neither friend nor relation."

 Answer: The deer asked the Jackal who he was. The Jackal replied that he was Kshudrabuddhi the Jackal. He lived in that forest all by himself; he had neither friend nor relation.

 

77. One summer some elephants were very much distressed by the heat, and said to their leader: "We are absolutely perishing, for want of water. The smaller animals have bathing-places but we have none. What are we to do? Where are we to go?"

 Answer:   One summer some elephants were very much distressed by the heat and told their leader that they were absolutely perishing, for want of water. The smaller animals had bathing-places but they had none. They asked what they were to do and where they were to go.

 

78. When the king saw him coming, he said, "Pray who are you, and what do you want?" The Rabbit said, "I am an ambassador from His Majesty Chandra - the Moon." The Elephant King replied, "Declare your errand."

   Answer: When the king saw him coming, he asked who he was and what he wanted. The Rabbit replied he was ambassador from His Majesty Chandra- the moon. The Elephant king asked him to declare his errand.

 

79. A young Rajah once said to his Vizier, "How is it that I am so often ill? I take great care of myself; I never go out in the rain; I wear warm clothes; I eat good food. Yet I am always catching a cold or getting a fever."

 Answer:  A young Rajah once asked his Vizier how it was that he was so often ill. He took great care of himself; never went out in the rain; he wore warm clothes; he ate good food. Yet he was catching a cold or getting a fever.

 

80. "My sons," said he, "a great treasure lies hidden in the estate I am about to leave you." "Where is it hid?" said the sons. "I am about to leave you." said the old man, "but you must dig for it."

Answer: He told his sons that a great treasure lay hidden in the estate he was about to leave them. The sons wanted to where it was hidden. Old man said that he was about to tell them, but they must dig for it.

 

81. "How very well you speak French!" Lady Grizzel said. "I ought to know it," Becky modestly said. "I taught it in a school, and my mother was a Frenchwoman."

Answer:   Lady Grizzel re3marked that Becky spoke French very well. Becky modestly said that she ought to know it as she had taught it in a school and her mother had been a French-woman.

 

82. "What are you going to do with the tinder-box?" asked the soldier. "That's no business of yours," said the witch; "You've got your money; give me my tinder-box."

Answer:    The soldier asked the witch what she was going to do with the tinder-box. She replied that it was no business of his. Since he had got his money, she demanded that he should give her her tinder-box.

83. "My name is Noman," said Ulysses, "my kinsmen and friends in my own country call me Noman." "Then," said the Cyclops, "this is the kindness I will show thee, Noman; I will eat thee last of all thy friends."

 AnswerUlysses said that his name was Noman and that his kindred and friends in his own country called him Noman. Cyclops told him that this was the kindness he would show him: he would eat him last of all his friends.

 

84. "I am a dead man, Hardy," said Nelson; "I am going fast; it will be all over with me soon. Come nearer to me. Let my dear Lady Hamilton have my hair, and all other things belonging to me."

Answer:   Nelson told hardy that he was a dead man. He was going fast and it would be all over with him soon. He asked hardy to go nearer to him and said that his dear lady Halitum should have his hair and all other things belonging to him.

 

85. He said to the shoemaker: "You are a big blockhead; you have done the reverse of what I desired you. I told you to make one of the shoes larger than the other, and, instead of that, you have made one of them smaller than the other."

Answer:    He called the shoemaker a big block head as he had done the reverse of what he had desired him. He reminded the shopkeeper that he had told him to make one of the shoes larger than the other and instead of that he had made one of the other smaller than others.

 

86. “I can extend no other mercy to you,” said the Raja, “except permitting you to choose what kind of death you wish to die. Decide immediately, for the sentence must be carried out.” “I admire your kindness, noble Prince,” said the jester, “I choose to die of old age.”

Answer:  The raja told the jester that he could extend no other marry to him except premating him to choose what kind of death he wished to die. He ordered him to decide immediately for the sentence must be carried out. The jester said that he admired his kindness and choose to die of old age.

 

87. Her mother said, "You must go straight to your grandmother's cottage and not loiter on the way. There is a wolf in the wood through which you are going, but if you keep to the road he won't do you any harm/Now, will you be a good girl and do as I tell you?"

Answer:   Her mother told her that she must go straight to her grandmother’s cottage and not loiter on the way. There was a wolf in the wood she through which she was going, but if she kept to the road he would not do her any worm. She asked her to be good girl and do as I told her.

 

88. Next morning at breakfast his wife said to him, "George, I think I can tell what is amiss with our clock." "Well, what is it?" he sharply asked. "It wants winding up," said his partner.

 Answer:   Next morning at breakfast his wife told George that she could thought she tell what was amiss with their clock. He sharply asked what it was. His partner replied that he wanted winding up.

 

89. A fawn one day said to her mother, "Mother, you are bigger than a dog and swifter and better winded, and you have horns to defend yourself; how is it that you are so afraid of the hounds?" She smiled and said, "All this, my child, I know full well; but no sooner do I hear a dog bark, than, somehow or other, my heels take me off as fast as they can carry me."

Answer: A fawn told her mother that she was bigger than a dog a swifter and better winded and he had horns to defend herself how was it that she afraid the hounds? her mother smiled and said that she knew full well but no sooner she hear a dog bark than somehow  or other, her heels took her off as fast as they could carry her.

 

90. Said a young mole to her mother, "Mother, I can see." So her mother put a lump of frankincense before her and asked her what it was. "A stone," said the young one. "O my child!" said the mother, "not only do you not see, but you cannot even smell."

 Answer:   A young mole told her mother that she could see so her mother put a lump of frank nascence before her and asked her what it was the young one replied that it was stone. The mother exclaimed that not only did she not see but she could not even smell.

 

91. "What are you doing, good old woman?" said the princess. "I'm spinning, my pretty child." "Ah, how charming! Let me try if I can spin also."

Answer:  The prince asked the woman what she was doing. She replied that she was spinning. The prince exclaimed that it was very charming and wanted to try if she could spin also.

 

92. "You say," said the judge, "that the bag you lost contained one hundred and ten pounds." "Yes, your honor," replied the miser. "Then as this one contains one hundred pounds it cannot be yours."

Answer: The judge asked Misre if the bag he had lost contained one hundred and seven pounds. The miser replied that it did. Then the judge concluded that as that one contained one hundred pounds it could not be his.

93. He answered slowly, "Alas! my dear son, why do you ask the one thing I cannot grant you? Your hands are too weak to rein those fiery beasts; you do not know the path. Come, ask something else, anything but that,"

 Answer: He answered slowly asking his son sadly why asked that one thing he could not grant him. His hands were too weak to rein those fiery beasts he did not know the push. Therefore, he asked his ask to his son to ask something else anything but that.

 

94. The speaker said, "I entirely object to the proposal. I object to it as founded on a wrong principle, and I object to it as highly inconvenient at this time. Have you considered all that this proposal involves? Gentlemen, I entreat you to be cautious."

Answer: The speaker declared that the entirely objected to the proposal he objected to it as founded on the wrong principle and as wrong principle as highly inconvenient at that time. He questioned me that they had considered all that the proposal involved he entreated them to be cautious.

 

95. Kausalya said to Rama, "Do not desire, O my child, to possess the moon, because it is thousands of miles off, and it is not a plaything for children and no child ever got it. If you wish I will bring some jewels that are brighter than the moon, and you can play with them."

Answer: Kaufalya forbade her child Rama to passes the moon because it was thousands of miles off and it was not a plaything for children and no child had ever got it. If he wished she would bring some jewels that were brighter than the moon and he could play with them.

 

96. The hen bird was just about to lay, and she said to her mate: "Cannot you find me someplace convenient for laying my eggs?" "And is not this," he replied, "a very good place for the purpose?" "No," she answered, "for it is continually overflowed by the tide." "Am I, then, become so feeble," he exclaimed, "that the eggs laid in my house are to be carried away by the sea?" The hen bird laughed and said, "There is some considerable difference between you and the sea."

 Answer:  The hen bird was just about to lay and she asked her mate whether he could find her at a place convenient for laying her eggs. He asked whether it was not a very good place for the purpose she answered that it was not for it was continually overflowed by the tied then he asked in emotion whether he had become so feeble that eggs laid in the house were to be carried away by the sea.

 

97. A cat hearing that a hen was laid up sick in her nest, paid her a visit of condolence, and creeping up to her, said: "How are you, my dear friend? What can I do for you? What are you in want of? Only tell me. Is there anything in the world that I can bring you? Keep up your spirits, and do not be alarmed." "Thank you," said the hen. "Do you be good enough to leave me, and I have no fear but I shall soon be well."

Answer:  A cat hearing that a hen was laid up sick in her nest paid her a visit of condolence and creeping up to her asked how she was what he could do for her and what she was in want of. He asked her to tell whether there was anything in the world that he could bring her. Her advice to keep her spirits and not to be alarmed then hen ranked him and asked him to be good enough to leave him she told him that she had no fear but she would soon be well.

 

98. "Sweet child," he answered, "do not fret, for I can make you happier here than ever you could have been on the earth; I will give you beautiful things to play with, which a queen would envy. Rubies and diamonds shall be your toys, and your plates shall be of solid gold. All the beautiful things you see, belong to me, for I am king of this rich underworld." But she only replied, "I was happy playing with the pebbles on the seashore, and I care only for the sparkle of the little waves on the shining sand. Here there are no flowers, no sun," and she wept anew.

Answer: He asked the child not to fret, for he could make her happier there than ever she could have been on the earth. He would give her beautiful things to with which a queen would envy. He promised that rubies and diamonds would be her toys and her plates would be of solid gold. All the beautiful things she saw belongs to him for he was the king of that rich underworld. But she only replied that she had been happily playing with the pebbles on the seashore and she carried only for the sparkle of little waves on the shining sand. Saying that there were no flowers, no sun there she kept anew. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Turn the following in Direct Speech: -

1.     He asked Rama to go with him.

          Answer: He said to Rama, “Come with me”.

2.     Rama replied that he could not do so.

 Answer: Rama replied, “I cannot do so”.

3.     He asked his father when the next letter would come.

 Answer: “When will the next letter come? “He said to his father.

4.     His father replied that there might not be another that year.

           Answer: There may not be another this year,” replied his father.

 

5.     Rama asked me what had become of Hari.

Answer: Rama said to me “what become has of Hari?”

6.     I told him that I had not seen him for months.

Answer: “I have not seen him for months”, I said to him.

7.     The master requested that they would attend carefully to what he was saying.

Answer: The master said, “please attend carefully to what I am saying”.

8.     I wrote that I would visit him the next day.

Answer: I wrote, “I shall visit him tomorrow”.

9.     He observed that he had never liked doing that.

Answer:  He observed, “I have never liked doing that”.

10.                        I told them to be quiet.

Answer: “Be quiet” I said to them.

11.                        He asked me if I had anything to say.

Answer: Have you anything to say?” he said to me.

12.                        Rama asked Hari if he would change places with him.

Answer:   Rama said to harry “will you change policies with me”.

13.                        He said that he was tired and that he wished to go to bed.

Answer: “I am tired,” he said, “I wish to go to bed”.

14.                        An old mouse asked who would bell the cat.

Answer:   An old mouse said, “Who will bell the cat”.

15.                        John said that he wanted to be a soldier.

Answer: John said, “I want to be a soldier”.

16.                        He asked me where I was going.

Answer: Where are you going?” he said to me.

17.                        He asked me what I wanted.

Answer: “What do you want?” he said to me.

18.                        Abdul said that he had seen that picture.

Answer:  Abdul said, “I have seen this picture”.

19.                        The boy said that he would go with us.

Answer: The boy said, “I shall come with you”.

20.                        He said that the earth moves around the sun.

 Answer:    He said, “The earth moves around the sun”.

21.                        The stranger asked Alice where she lived.

            Answer:     The singer said to  Alice “'where do you live”.

22.                        I asked Mary if she would lend me a pencil.

Answer:  I said to Marry, “Will you lend me a pencil?”

23.                        He told us that he had waited an hour.

Answer:  He said to us, “I waited an hour”.

24.                        The lady inquired if he was now quite well again.

Answer: “Are you now quite well Angina?” the lady inquired.

25.                        He said that he had come to see them.

Answer: He said, “I have to come see you”.

26.                        He said that though he had come, it was against his will.

Answer:  He said, “even though I have come it is against my will”.

 

27.                        The speaker said that it gave him great pleasure to be there that evening.

Answer: The speaker said, “it gives me great pleasure to be here this evening”.

28.                        He asked them whether they would listen to such a man.

Answer:   He asked them, “will you listen to such a man”.

29.                        He asked me if I would accompany him.

Answer:   He said to me, “will you accompany me?”

30.                        He ordered him to leave the room and forbade him to return.

Answer:  He said to me, “Leave the room and do not return”.

31.                        The mother asked her boy where he had been all the afternoon.

Answer: The mother said to her boy, “where you been all the afternoon?”

32.                        Hari asked Rama if he had read the letter.

Answer:    Harry said to, “Rana have you read the latter”?

33.                        The King asked the philosopher whom he considered the happiest man living.

Answer: The king said to philosopher, “whom do you consider man living”?

34.                        The magistrate asked the prisoner what he was doing with his hand in the gentleman's pocket.

Answer: The magistrate said to the prisoner, what are doing with your hand in the gentleman’s pockets”?

35.                        The fox cried out to the goat that a thought had just come into his head.

Answer: The fox cried out to “the goat a thought has just to come into heart”.

36.                        He advised his sons not to quarrel amongst themselves when he was dead but to remain united.

Answer:  He said his sons, “do not quarrel among yourselves when I die. Remain united.”

37.                        The lion told the fox that he was very weak, that his teeth had fallen out, and that he had no appetite.

Answer: The lion said to the fox, “I am very weak my teeth have fallen out I have no appreciate”.

38.                        He replied that he had promised to reward his soldiers and that he had kept his word.

Answer: He replied, “I have promised to reward my soldiers I have kept my word”.

 

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Thanks a lot i wanted to recheck my exercise answer when i was solving WREN AND MARTIN'S book exercise..it was reallly helpful..❤

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Download Vidmate Apk